8/4 - 8/27 (2019)
Sun | EST 9:00pm-10:00pm
Tue | EST 9:00pm-10:00pm
Python is a high-level programming language and one of the most popular in the world. It is powerful, fast, and can be found everywhere. Python is also user-friendly and easy to learn. It was selected the Programming Language of the Year in 2007 and 2010. Many large organizations use Python, like NASA, Google, Wikipedia, and Yahoo! to name a few. Moreover, the famous social networking site Reddit is written entirely in Python.
Though it is a strong language, it is very friendly for programming beginners. Students can easily pick up Python whether they are a first-time programmer or they have experienced with other languages.
Why kids need to learn Python:
Python is an easy-to-learn programming language that helps students to think creatively and logically. As one of the fourth popular programming languages in the world, there is an increasing demand for Python talents. According to the K-12 CSTA computer science standards, building computational thinking ability, computing practice and programming ability is increasingly important for K-12 education. Python is a perfect learning tool that combines math knowledge with computer science.
1. Build a Python-based program by using loops and functions
2. Understand the Python 3.0 environment and have basic knowledge of Python language
3. Build 12 different Python in-class projects
4. Gain basic data analysis ability
5. Cultivate logical thinking abilities and a programming mindset
6. Experience remote work and communication